[Book Tag] Unpopular Opinion


HAPPY MONDAY FRIENDS! I came across this Unpopular Opinions tag while perusing Michelle and Leslie's Book Picks but the credit for this tag goes to Booktubber TheBookArcher. I always feel like I'm an outsider when it comes to hype and whatnot, so I thought that this would be a perfect tag for me!

So here we go!


A popular book or series that you didn't like


I don't know how popular this one is, it has a 3.90 rating on BUT I gave it GoodReads but I gave it 1 star. I just didn't mesh with the characters or the language in Unteachable. :/


A popular book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love


Once again, "hate" is a strong word. I ADORED Tear You Apart it brought me to tears but it has a 3.5 rating on GoodReads. That's okay though. 


A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don't like. 


I don't want to get too spoilery with this one, but I know I am not alone with the disappointment of the pairing in this one. That's okay, at least we have fan fiction. I can pretend. 


A popular book genre that you hardly reach for


Contempary is not my genre of choice. Don't get me wrong, I can be swayed but I hardly have the urge to binge read this genre. Mostly because the diversity in (YA) contemporary reads is pitiful. Fix it, fix it now. 


A popular or beloved character that you do not like


This is my most unpopularist of opinions. I find Caelana annoying as all hell. And I do NOT understand the Sarah J. Maas hype and probably never will. 


A popular author that you can't seem to get into

I'm not going to say Sarah J Maas again (but she is one), but Stephanie Meyer. I physically can't read any more of her books, they all just end up upsetting me. 


A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing

This is a tie between insta-love and love triangles. When you were in high school, how often did you fall in love with some hot new guy and he instantly fall in love with you as well? And how many times have you been caught in the dilemma of having two OR more boys fall desperately in love with you? NEVER. It's a tired unrealistic trope that takes the fun out of the adventure. It's also extremely cheesy. 


A popular series that you have no interest in reading


The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?


I only read the first book (it was in French too so maybe that has something to do with it), but I wasn't so impressed. But Gossip Girl was my shit until they went to college. Once that arc started it all went to help. 

I want to hear more about unpopular opinions so I'm going to keep this going!


Jessica @ A GREAT Read
Kristy-Marie @ Studio Reads
Jess @ My Reading Dress









Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,