[Discussion]"What are You Reading?"


Hello, my name is Amber and I have major anxiety. As I'm sure that I'm not the only person on the internet with anxiety, I'm sure most of you know that anxiety stems from freaking out over (make believe) situations. I can sit and ponder about a situation and how to best respond for hours  or days. One of the questions that causes me the most anxiety is a fairly simple one. 

"What are you reading?"





I've already gotten this question a few times at work and I just hate it. Because if I say, "Oh I'm reading Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard," they're going to be like


AND THEN. I have to explain what Young Adult fiction is along with dystopia and all that jazz and I just don't have time for that. Especially for people who try to understand what I'm reading. I usually get:

"Oh so it's like Sci Fi stuff"
"Oh, like Hunger Games?"


I'm not a book pusher in real life guys. I can't just can't summarize what I'm reading when asked. I feel a bit foolish and I never have the right words.



What do you do when people ask you what you're reading? Do you graciously respond and show your book blogger pride, or do you cower in a corner like me? 


Labels: ,